Saturday, April 10, 2010

Review of “Hand of Fate” by Lis Wiehl with April Henry

I would like to say that I wish this book was more memorable, but it wasn't. Which I think is very sad, because we need more well written, enjoyable, and memorable Christian novels. "Hand of Fate" was a well written murder mystery, with the three main characters being friends from high school who have developed a tighter bond post college. The story moved quickly, and was interesting while I was reading it. The problem is that once I closed the book the story disappeared into the mist of generic mysteries. The only thing that really sets this book apart from the other generic mysteries is the fact that while dealing with modern day issues of sex and violence they were not the plot drivers. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that one of the main characters is a vocal female Christian voice, she is the light and salt for her two friends to discover the truth of Christ. Even after she suffers a personal tragedy, she is able to recover and still believe in God's goodness. All in all, this was a pleasant, uplifting book, just not one that stays with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment